Business Contents Insurance

As your business grows, chances are it could accumulate very significant levels of physical contents. These will obviously be quite different from business to business. For example, if you’re a workshop, your machines may be expensive to replace. In an office based environment, computer equipment may form the bulk of the contents. If you’re a company that manufacturer or distribute, you may have large quantities of stock.

Whatever your business, arranging good contents insurance cover is essential.

Contents insurance will cover your business in the event that losses occur from a number of events such as:

  • Fire damage
  • Flood damage
  • Damage caused by a lightning strike
  • Storm damage
  • Riots and civil disorder, and malicious damage
  • Theft from your premises
  • A typical business contents policy will cover losses to:
  • Furniture
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Tools
  • Equipment
  • Stocks of raw materials and finished goods

Depending on your business you should also consider whether you need to insure goods in transit. This could include raw materials on their way to you, or finished goods moving to other premises. Be aware that cash is often treated separately too, so if you want to insure any cash held in your premises, tell your insurer.

You’ll find that different insurers have different interpretations of what is “standard”, so we can always talk you through the specifics of a good policy that meets your needs.

If you’d like to bundle your contents insurance with other cover types under a ‘commercial combined’ arrangement, we’d be happy to discuss your needs. You may find that this will make your insurance much simpler to arrange as well as potentially cheaper.

If contents insurance is important to your company, give us a call to discuss on +441273 789 979 or email us.

A fully accredited service delivered by professional brokers

Get in touch

    This web from is protected by Google reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.