Flood Protection – How do we work to help you?

With the economic costs of Storm Desmond approaching £500m it is worth checking that your commercial insurance covers you in the event of such an occurrence. If the worst happens what should you do to help your insurer look after you?

In the immediate aftermath contacting your insurer may not be the thing foremost in your mind but you should try to do so as soon as possible. They will advise on contingency plans you may be able to activate to keep your business operating. Make sure you keep any relevant bills.

A loss adjuster will be appointed as soon as possible after you notify us. They will visit your premises to undertake an initial assessment. The loss adjuster will organise the stripping out and cleaning of your office or premises and then for a process of drying out. Obviously depending upon the damage this could take a matter of days or months. Your loss adjuster will give you a timetable and keep you informed.

Once the drying out process is complete, a builder will be appointed for the repairs and reconstruction work. Continue to communicate closely with your loss adjuster to understand who will be involved and when they will start work. Depending on the damage your loss adjuster will advise when you can recommence work in your premises. Obviously as important as damage to your premises may be disruption to your business so making sure this cover is in place is essential.

Talk to Business Insurance Service today on 01273 789 979 to talk through your cover requirements or simply to understand more about the adjustment process.

A fully accredited service delivered by professional brokers

Get in touch

    This web from is protected by Google reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.