Business Insurance / Commercial Combined
Starting and running a business is full of challenges, and no matter how big or small your operation, you need to protect your liability and assets from the outset. Business insurance is specifically designed to give entrepreneurs, sole traders, larger businesses, and even multi-national corporations the peace of mind they need. And that’s where we can help. We can manage your insurance cover ongoing, while you get on with running your business.
Bespoke business insurance for every organisation
With so many different types of commercial insurance on offer, it can be confusing to put together a package that covers all the bases. Do you need business interruption insurance, or breach of contract cover? What level of public liability insurance do you really need? And if you’re producing a product rather than offering a service, should you take out product liability?
Choosing the right business insurance is a hugely important decision, and one that shouldn’t be done without the right broker by your side. At the Business Insurance Service, we live up to our reputation as one of the leading UK commercial insurance brokers, delivering bespoke packages to all our customers, both large and small.
Tailored solutions for businesses of all sizes
We understand that the ‘one size fits all’ concept never applies to business insurance, purely because every single business is unique. We work with you to assess your risk exposure and profile to find out more about how we can best protect your needs.
We recognise that your business needs a very particular set of products to protect every aspect of your operation. We use our experience, expertise, and inside knowledge to deliver exactly that. We don’t just understand the insurance industry – we go out of our way to understand your business too.
By comparing policies from across the market (we are truely independant and not tied to any one insurer), we can offer you one thing that you don’t always get when you’re looking for insurance – choice. We are best placed to listen to your needs and make an informed reccomendation, on an advisory basis. That way, we can arrange the best policies at the best prices and present them to you in clear, easy-to-understand and jargon-free language, so you have the final decision. We don’t ‘pressure sell’, and as independent brokers, we don’t have ‘favourites’ that we’ll try and push your way.
Breaking it down
Commercial combined insurance is a policy designed to meets the needs of most businesses, it is a flexible product that can be tailored to your specific risk requirements – this can be broken down into core elements and optional covers, not all covers will be required for all businesses. To determine what cover you need, we’ll look at your key risk areas and advise you on the kind of package that will cover your core business exposure to provide you with the maximum all-round protection.
Core elements can include:
- Employer’s liability insurance – this is mandatory if you have people working for you, even if they are part-time, contractors or sub-contractors, or even family members.
- Contents insurance – to protect your property including Buidlings, plant, computers and stock.
- Business Interruption (Loss of income or gross profit) – this will protect your income in the event of business interruption that prevents you from trading
- Public liability insurance – to protect you from the financial cost of a personal injury or damage to property claim by a member of the public or third party.
- Optional cover can be more business-specific, such as:
- Deterioration of stock – particularly relevant if you store and sell perishable goods
- Freezer breakdown – important for catering and food retailers, where the failure of a freezer could result in valuable food stocks being spoilt
- Directors and officers cover – to protect company directors being held financially responsible for claims against the company
- Professional indemnity insurance – to protect you against financial claims brought about as a result of economic loss or unintentional breaches of intellectual property rights, etc
Why trust Business Insurance Service?
We work with some of the largest policy providers in the UK, including market leading insurers like Aviva, Allianz, Chub b and AXA. We can also broker higher risk and non-standard specialist insurance policies via accessing the Lloyds of London insurance market, making us the broker of choice for larger and more complex businesses who require expert brokerage and a personalised service.
We’re excited to provide MyWave Connect to our clients. This resource portal is your one-stop source for not just insurance but all your risk management, compliance, safety, well-being and other business needs.